"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Monday, June 5, 2023

A quiet day update...

 At least so far it's relatively quiet. 

As for yesterday, he was pretty worn out. He "got up to pee" quite a few times, but I don't think they ever got him doing any walking.

When I arrived, he was trying to nap, which he did on and off during the 4-5 hours I was there. But he also had staff come in to do checks and meds and treatments, "got up to pee" twice (with all the stuff he's attached to, and his physical weakness, it's a production requiring assistance, and he only stands right next to the bed), and he joined the family Zoom for a few minutes (just Mom and me otherwise this time).

And he had dinner before I left. The pureed beef and pureed rice burned - not as bad as in the past but still miserable - meaning he mostly ate the pureed broccoli!!!!🤯 And some of the sherbet. Drank his Ensure and water and a couple sips of coffee. They keep the Glucerna going in his feeding tube, too.

He's starting to get tired of being in the hospital, but he rallies on phone calls and with staff he likes. ☺️

Haven't had any news from him yet today. I plan to head in for another visit this afternoon, although my plans for things this morning have gone wonky. Woke up with my back tweaked, so I'm doing the hot/cold thing and forcing myself to stay seated for now. Nothing serious but don't want to push it, end up incapacitated, you know? 🤪😜

Came across this review for the new season of ITYSL - mentions Biff as a fan-favorite up front, and his new sketch is ranked 10th best of the season:

Click here to see ITYSL review.

Not sure how Biff will feel about mention of the cancer. I'm sure it will be mixed feelings. It is for me.🫤

FYI, his new sketch is at the end of the Episode named "So, Now Every Time I'm About To..." (4th ep but they don't number them). On Netflix.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...