"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Friday, January 20, 2023

He's doing well!

My apologies for a week without updates. It has been a chaotic week. I started a longer, detailed post on Wednesday during his chemo session, but I haven't been able to finish it yet. I hope to manage that tomorrow. 

For now, please know that his spirits are high,  and everything is going well. He's lost a few pounds, and he is dealing with some pain from the radiation, but so far, so good. He even had one nurse tell him he had the blood pressure of a teenager!

In some moments, he is holding up better than I am. But the Radiation Oncologist complimented our teamwork today. It helps to have another set of eyes and ears tracking things for him. Especially since "chemo brain" is a real thing - his short-term memory is spastic! And details can be overwhelming and confusing for him. Hell, me, too. But my lifetime of note taking and organizing detailed projects is paying off!

Again, I plan to post a more detailed account this weekend. It isn't all easy peasy rock and roll, but we are managing, and the doctors, nurses, and technicians are great. And everything is going according to plan, no unexpected issues.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...