"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Friday, December 16, 2022

He's all checked in...

Well, they've got him gowned and ready to go. I've been sent off to wait. They said they are taking him in for the operation soon. I've been told to call them around 1pm to find out the current status at that point.

Just beginning to lighten up outside. Everything feels extra surreal. Felt so abrupt to be sent away, but we hugged hard and kissed through our masks. 

Biff actually slept well last night. I hated to wake him up. Traffic was super easy - amazing how many cars were on the road at 5am though. I've settled myself in a corner of the cafeteria for the moment. Trying to decide if I should try to eat something or not. Earlier than I usually breakfast. May go back to the car and try to rest for a bit. Can't bring myself to go back home. Wasn't planning to go back home, so I brought a backpack with laptop and various comfort items, prepared for the long day.

Not that I will be able to get comfortable anywhere. 

I know he's in good hands. 

Much thanks to all those who have sent their love, prayers, light, best wishes, etc. I'll try to respond directly to folks later on. Feeling a little... anxious, I guess? But the anticipation of this day has been tough. There is some relief to getting on with it. Regardless, I feel a little "at loose ends."

Okay. Time to distract myself for a while. Positive thoughts and love surround us. 

7 comments:

  1. Sending so much love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love, Tay! I will do some surrogate tapping for you. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie (this is you, right!?!). We'll take all the positive vibrations we can get. ❤️

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...