"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Monday, December 19, 2022

First full night with no pain meds...

 

Here's a cute picture I took yesterday. Hanging with Bopper in his new PJ pants from Dana and Jenny.

Got through the night without needing any pain meds! In fact, he hasn't yet felt the need to take the pain meds this morning even!

I'm a little concerned that he took an extra sleeping pill from his usual "night time meds" though. He takes two to fight his insomnia daily and once in awhile has accidentally taken an extra while in a sleepy fugue... This morning he is very groggy and feeble, which concerns me. No fever, no evidence of bleeding though. He was hungry and ate some Cream of Wheat (lukewarm, since he's not allowed to eat anything hot), took his usual morning meds, along with the antibiotics and stool softener, and has gone back to sleep.

I plan to take control of all his sleep meds going forward, just to be certain no errors happen again. They have caused sleep walking in the past but that seemed under control. But now, I'm not so sure. So, I'll just manage those for him. At least for now. 

Have to admit, I had a bit of a rough night. Aside from waking up multiple times to pee and check on him, I had a bad dream where I discovered a hard lump in one of my armpits...😱 Yeah, no fun. I had to check the reality when I woke up for the day - no lumps. Yeesh. Enough of that!!!

I plan to run a quick errand today, which I'll wait to do until Biff is fully awake. Yesterday, we talked about whether he needed to have someone sit with him while I go out, but it really didn't seem necessary. Instead, I spent some time creating an emergency call button on his phone. Allows him to call me and/or 911 more easily, just in case. I won't be gone more than half an hour... Well, we'll see how it goes today. Maybe I'll hold off or reorganize my plan.

Tomorrow we will find out what they learned from the surgery. Send all your positive thoughts (in whatever manner you like best) that they are able to pinpoint the appropriate target for radiation treatment. 

On a separate note, I learned yesterday that my dearest Aunt Barb passed away on Saturday. She was 90 years old and struggling with health issues, so it wasn't entirely a surprise. But it is still a shock and so hard. My mother's last remaining sibling. She's the last in her immediate family. And going strong, very healthy and active. Thankfully! However, this is hard. And so hard for my dear cousins to lose their mother/grandmother. They have all been very supportive with this whole situation with Biff - and now have so much pain to face unexpectedly.

R.I.P. dear Aunt Barbara, and best wishes to her wife, Clarisse. I loved Aunt Barb more than she probably knew. I wish I would have made sure she knew. 

Hold your loved ones close. Precious blessings we need to not take for granted.

Happy freaking holidays. Yeah, it was a rough night. Sorry to be a bit of a bummer today.

Truly, I am grateful Biff is doing so well with his first major step in this difficult journey. And I am grateful to all of you who offer your love and support. Means so much to both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...