"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Well, not exactly to plan, but...

Well, yesterday they were a little too optimistic in the morning. He's still in the ICU, although blood pressure is doing better. And they are adding food (all soft, pureed) and thicker liquids to drink with the nutrition they are still putting in via the feeding tube in his nose. He's still a risk for aspiration (food going into airway), so they are being very cautious - but they don't feel he needs to have feeding tube put into his side, which is good! He even asked for pudding today, separate from meals!

Yesterday, I spoke to the Oncologist referred from this hospital. He knows Biff's regular Oncologist. I gave him the contact number, and he said he'd call him and "circle back" to me, help me get that cancer element organized.

Today, Biff was very alert. He's starting to get confused about what time it is, which is common in the ICU (no windows to the outside). However, when I told him it was Tuesday, he said, "Poker night!" ☺️

My brother visited this morning, and a good friend (he actually married us) came for another visit while Dana was here. Our friend's previous visit, Biff hadn't been able to speak intelligibly at all, so he was really happy to talk to his pal again. 

And, while I was back home for a midday break, two of his poker buddies visited. They called me afterward to tell me how great their visit was. They were really thrilled to see him doing so well.

Oh, his right arm and hand are getting better, too. He could squeeze my finger with that hand for the first time even!! AND, I was there when PT came around 5pm, and that small but mighty woman, Ruth, got him standing with a walker, using his arms to help, and he even took three small steps to the side, sat down for a quick rest, then stood again for a couple minutes before he said he needed to lay back down. First time he's stood since the fall nearly two weeks ago!!! And that after exercises in the bed.

I'm hoping he sleeps very well tonight.🥰

It's a wild ride, but today was another good day. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...