"Tough times don't last, tough people do."

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Another day, hanging in the ICU...

He started talking again yesterday! Not always intelligible, but doing better. And starting to really understand what the situation is, asking to go home... Short term memory is hit or miss, so I explain what's happening when he asks. But his spirit is really fighting to come back. I don't know how he can be so tough - he's already been through so much.

And I was advised last night that he's already recovered from pneumonia!!! They only diagnosed pneumonia Thanksgiving Day!! They obviously nipped that in the bud.

Still working on getting the feeding tube out of his nose, testing his swallow function. They believe he'll be able to do the Barium swallow test tomorrow, if he does as well as he's doing today. He ate a whole half cup of pudding!!

When I asked if he wanted me to turn on football on the TV, he said, "Chargers?" LOL Also watched Rams. I was off for a lunch break before that game was over. When I got back, Biff made a point of telling me, "The Rams lost again." 😜 Then later, I mistakenly said, "Lakers made a field goal." He looked at me, laughing, and said, "Lakers!?!?"🥰

Long, long road ahead. But today is going pretty well. He's trying so hard. And being so sweet.
❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Taylor's first post...

Yep, this is going to be a rough time, and it's scary, but we are both committed to doing everything we can to beat this thing. We will ...